RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR THE ATTENDANCE TO V JORNADAS DE JÓVENES MUSICÓLOGOS.
1. Daily transport to Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid is in Cantoblanco Campus, to the north of Madrid city, and near to these towns: Alcobendas and San Sebastián de los Reyes.
You can get to the campus in different ways:
• By train: Inside the same campus it is the station Cantoblanco-University to which you can arrive with the línea de cercanías-Renfe C4, towards Alcobendas-San Sebastián de los Reyes or Colmenar Viejo.
• By bus: From Intercambiador de Plaza de Castilla there is line 714 that goes to UAM. There are other lines that connect with UAM, as 828 from Canillejas to UAM, going from Barajas Airport, and 827, that goes from Canillejas to Tres Cantos.
• By car: To arrive to the campus of Cantoblanco from Madrid city, you must take the highway M-607 address Old Apiary and to stray in the exit 15.
To move for Madrid, Metro is recommended. See the map of Metro de Madrid.
2. Lodging recommendations.
The train is the fastest mean of transport to arrive to UAM, and it connects the campus with the center of Madrid from these stations: Atocha (25 minutes), Sol (20 minutes) and Nuevos Ministerios (15 minutes) for 1.5 euros the trip. For this reason, the recommendation is to live in the Madrid city, what will allow you to arrive in a short time to UAM and to enjoy Madrid city center.
Some economic recommendations of well-located lodging are the following ones
There is also the possibility of housing inside the same campus in residence Erasmo so as to avoid the round trips from Madrid to the campus.
http://www.resa.es/esl/Residencias/Erasmo/alojamiento-diario/ (reservations) / Newspaper / (sec) / full
3. What to see in Madrid.
Madrid is a city full of history and places to visit; among those ones we highlight:
Museo del Prado: http://www.museodelprado.es/
Museo Thyssen: http://www.museothyssen.org/thyssen/home
Museo Reina Sofia: http://www.museoreinasofia.es/index.html
Plaza de Oriente y el Teatro Real. http://www.teatro-real.com/
Puerta de Alcalá
• Paseos y jardines de Madrid:
Parque del Retiro: http://www.parquedelretiro.es/
Jardines del Campo del Moro: http://www.cosasdemadrid.es/jardines-campo-moro/
For any general information the following pages web can be browsed:
4. Where to eat in the campus.
There are two cafeterias in the same building where V Jornadas de Jóvenes Musicólogos will take place; in those ones, daily menus are served, one in the Facultad de Filosofia y Letras and another one in the Facultad del Profesorado y Educación.
Outside of these Faculties but in the surroundings, there is Pabellón B (Building 14. To see it: see map enclosed of the Campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid), where there is a great dining room where menus are also served (Buildings 2 and 3. See map enclosed of the Campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)